- We are open 7 days a week except Bank Holidays
- Drop off and collection times 8.30 – 9.45am mornings and 4.30 – 8pm afternoons
- Closed for collections & drop offs on Bank Holidays
- Ashtead Pet Boarding (APB) is insured with Pet Business Insurance
- Payment in full is expected on or before the start of your pet’s stay – cash or bank transfer (Carolyn Anne Tear, 404787 and 21561405). Any additional costs will be notified to you before collection and should be settled on collection.
- New customers will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit in order to confirm a booking
- Cancellation charges are applied at APB discretion. Cancellation 30 days or more in advance – no charge. Cancellation within a month – 25% of full fee. Cancellation within one week – 50% of full fee. Cancellation with less than 48 hrs notice – full fee.
- Damages to APB property other than expected wear & tear whilst your pet is with us or during drop off/pick up or visits should be met by the owners.
- At APB we will always strive to treat you and your pet with the uttermost courtesy and to respect your property. We ask that you treat us and our property in the same manner.
Health and Hygiene
- Ashtead Pet Boarding is a busy, thriving establishment with many different animals and their owners coming and going throughout the year. Whilst we will take every precaution to ensure the safety & well being of your pet, they are boarded here at the owner’s risk.
- Pets must be in good health and fully vaccinated where appropriate. All rabbits must have up-to-date vaccinations against Rabbit Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (RVHD1)/Myxomatosis (Nobivac – annually) and against RVHD2 (Filovac – annually). The individual vaccinations require a minimum 2-week gap between them. There is now a new all in one vaccination for bunnies the Nobivac Myxo-VHD Plus which protects against all three diseases in one vaccine. Certificates will need to be seen on or before arrival. We DO NOT accept unvaccinated rabbits.
- APB reserves the right to refuse a pet if it is deemed too ill, has not had the necessary vaccinations or if it could possibly cause sickness or injury to other animals on the premises.
- Veterinary treatment will be sought from our Vet unless there is a medical reason why the pet should be taken to a Vet of your choosing
- The owner is liable for all veterinary fees and associated costs (eg fuel etc)
- On-going minor treatments will be undertaken at the owner’s request so long as prior notice has been given and agreement has been made. There will be an additional cost for this service.
- APB undertake to maintain a clean and healthy environment for all the animals in their care.
Data Protection (GPDR) From May 2018
- As part of the registration process, customers will be required to complete a Pet Care Consent Form in accordance with the new GPDR guidelines
* May 2018 We have taken advice from our Veterinary practice and from the Rabbit Welfare Association regarding the frequency of administration of the RHD2 vaccine for rabbits visiting us. Boarding establishments are considered a “high risk” situation on a par with breeders, rabbit shows, Rescues and any proximity to large numbers of wild rabbits. The advice is to vaccinate every 6 months in these situations and we, therefore, strongly advise rabbit owners to fully protect their bunnies by getting a booster done at least 3 weeks prior to boarding. More information can be found on the following links https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/rhd2-rabbit-haemorrhagic-disease-variant-two and https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rvhd2-update-november-2017/